Following the global lockdown that we’ve all witnessed and been a part of over the past two years, we’ve adopted a new approach to travel: ‘revenge travel’. We travelled because we needed to get away from our usual routines and for many, it opened doors to exploring what our local communities and environment had to offer.
In 2022, we’re travelling for escapism. The fact that most places have dropped quarantine restrictions for vaccinated travellers means the world is opening up in a way – and things are looking up on the travel front. Even the World Travel & Tourism Council (W.T.T.C.), which represents the global travel and tourism industry, has projected that travel and tourism in the United States alone will reach pre-pandemic levels this year.
With that being said, where to travel in 2022? Lonely Planet has revealed its official list of Top 10 Countries to travel to in 2022. The list is expertly-chosen and is packed with must-see destinations, places, and amazing adventures guaranteed to inspire. Discover the list below…
1. Cook Islands – A diverse landscape full of adventure, interaction, and culinary delights await all who visit the Cook Islands.
2. Norway – Inspiring landscapes, wilderness, and jaw-dropping fjords are just a small portion of Norway’s natural beauty.
3. Mauritius – Looking for a remote escape? Mauritius is fuelled by a fascinating cultural mix and an intriguing natural setting.
4. Belize – The country may be small but it’s the place to go for relaxation and adventure in equal measure.
5. Slovenia – This is the place to come for culinary prowess plus hiking and cycling trails wedged between the Alps and the Adriatic.
6. Anguilla – The eco-friendly island offers psychedelic-hued reefs, laze on pink-tinged beaches and beautiful historic ruins.
7. Oman – Experience a country with a strong cultural heritage, open deserts, vast mountain ranges and a shimmering coastline.
8. Nepal – Experience the front door to the world’s tallest peaks, a spectacular playground for trekkers, climbers and adventurers.
9. Malawi – Add conservation work and wildlife to your checklists
10. Egypt – Temples, tombs and terrific views, indulge in the broad cultural riches of Egypt’s offerings.