TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated October 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who Buro are and how to contact
- Other applicable terms
- BURO may make changes to these Terms and Conditions
- BURO may make changes to the Site
- Accessing the Site
- You must keep your account details safe
- Intellectual property rights
- Reliance on information
- BURO is not responsible for websites it links to
- User-generated content is not approved by BURO
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users
- BURO’s liability for loss or damage affected by you
- How BURO may use your personal information
- Uploading content to the Site
- Rights you are giving BURO to use material you upload
- Linking to the Site
- Applicable Law
WHO BURO ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT
The website www.buro247.com (the “Site”) is operated by BURO Global Limited (“BURO“). BURO is registered in England and Wales under company number 11456509 and have their registered office at 58 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7JY.
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”), together with the documents referred to in it, informs you of the terms and conditions on which you may make use of the Site. Use of the Site includes accessing and browsing the Site and registering for any features of the Site (such as newsletters).
To contact BURO, please email email@example.com.
By using the Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must not use the Site.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
- BURO’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “ Acceptable Use Policy ”), which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Site. When using the Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
BURO MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BURO may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these Terms and Conditions to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
BURO MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE SITE
BURO may update and change the Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please that note that any of the content on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and BURO is under no obligation to update it.
ACCESSING THE SITE
The Site is made available free of charge.
BURO do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. BURO may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons. BURO will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
BURO has the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by BURO, at any time, if in BURO’s reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly Contact Us.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
BURO are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
BURO’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from BURO or BURO’s official licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the Site in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use the Site will cease immediately and you must, at BURO’s option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
Although BURO makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, BURO makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
BURO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES IT LINKS TO
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by BURO of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
BURO has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY BURO
The Site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Site, including to bulletin boards, discussion forums and comment features. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by BURO. The views expressed by other users on the Site do not represent BURO’s views or values.
HOW TO COMPLAIN ABOUT CONTENT UPLOADED BY OTHER USERS
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users please Contact us.
BURO’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- BURO does not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Supply.
- BURO will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any content on it.
- BURO assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by BURO of those linked websites. BURO will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS USER:
BURO excludes all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Site or any content on it.
BURO will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: – use of, or inability to use , the site; or – use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site.In particular, BURO will not be liable for:- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; – business interruption;- loss of anticipated savings; – loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or – any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER USER:
- Please note that BURO only provides the Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Site for any commercial or business purposes, and BURO has no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
HOW BURO MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the Site, or to make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in BURO’s Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to BURO and indemnify BURO for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage BURO suffers as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant BURO a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving BURO to use material you upload.
BURO also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
BURO have the right to remove any posting you make on the Site if, in BURO’s sole opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in BURO’s Acceptable Use Policy.
RIGHTS YOU ARE GIVING BURO TO USE MATERIAL YOU UPLOAD
When you upload or post content to the Site, you grant BURO a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such content for any purpose across all media whether now known or hereinafter invented.
BURO does not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. BURO will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and BURO will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO THE SITE
You may link to the home page of the Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of BURO’s reputation.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of BURO where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page.
BURO reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in the Acceptable Use Policy.
If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms and Conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and BURO both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, these Terms and Conditions, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. You and BURO both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
BURO owns a number of trademarks in numerous territories, and use of such trademarks without prior written consent of BURO would violate BURO’s intellectual property rights.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Last updated October 2019
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
This acceptable use policy (the “Acceptable Use Policy”) sets out the terms that apply between you and BURO Global Limited (“BURO”) under which you may access BURO’s website www.buro247.com (the “Site”).
This Site is operated by BURO. BURO is registered in England and Wales under company number 11456509 with its registered office at 58 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7JY.
Your use of the Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all of the policies in this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplement BURO’s terms of website use (the “Terms and Conditions”).
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the Site.
There are other terms that may apply to you.
BURO may make changes to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
BURO may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check this Acceptable Use Policy to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with BURO content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); OR
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware or hardware.
You also agree not to:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of the provisions of the Terms and Conditions; or
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: – any part of the Site; – any equipment or network on which the Site is stored; – any software used in the provision of the Site; or – any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including, without limitation:
- comment facilities; and
- bulletin boards/ discussion forums..
(the “Interactive Services”).
Where BURO does provide any Interactive Service, BURO will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
BURO will do its best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Service provided on our Site, and BURO will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in light of those risks. However, BURO is under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on the Site, and BURO expressly exclude its liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Services by a user in contravention of BURO’s content standards, whether the Interactive Service is moderated or not.
The use of any of BURO’s Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. BURO advises parents who permit their children to use any Interactive Services that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any Interactive Services should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where BURO does moderate the Interactive Services, BURO will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Site (the “Contributions”), and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
BURO will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
- be accurate (where it states states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory to any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- contain any material which bullies or may cause insult to any person;
- contain any material which may intimidate or humiliate any person;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from BURO, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
BURO will determine, in its sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of the Site. When a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, BURO may take such action as it deems appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use the Site, and may result in BURO taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to the Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as BURO reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
BURO excludes liability for all action taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The actions BURO may take are not limited to those described above, and BURO may take any other action deemed reasonably appropriate.
BURO may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and BURO both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. You and BURO both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.