The infinite scroll through Instagram has allowed us to save and screenshot some of the most epic #wanderlust images, fuelling inspiration for our next getaway. And more so than once, we’ll find a slew of snapshots that showcase some of the world’s greatest scenic spots — including the UAE.
The Middle Eastern country is considered to be one of the most popular holiday destinations (not in this scorching heat though), and so it comes as no surprise that it has landed itself a top spot on the ‘Most Instagrammed Road Trips In The World’ list.
That’s right. The country’s mountainous spot, Hatta, has secured a place in the top ten, and if you’ve been on a trip through Hatta, you’ll know just how incredible and snap-worthy its scenery is.
UAE-based company We Cash Any Car generated the results by analysing more than 12 million Instagram posts using the hashtag #road-trip. They found that Australia’s Great Ocean Road received the post posts, and the United State’s Route 66 (the inspiration behind Messika’s new Born To Be Wild jewellery collection, too) came in second place. UAE’s Hatta came in seventh.
Take a look at the top ten ‘Most Instagrammed Road Trips In The World’ list here…
1. Great Ocean Road, Australia — 87,190 posts
2. Route 66, USA — 62,680 posts
3. The Outback, Australia — 42,918 posts
4. The Big Sur, USA — 33,416 posts
5. Monument Valley, USA — 31,332 posts
6. Pacific Coast Highway, USA — 28,107 posts
7. Hatta, UAE — 25,929 posts
8. Tuscany, Italy — 21,277 posts
9. Sicily, Italy — 14,628 posts
10. North Coast 500, Scotland — 12,674 posts
Ok, we’re convinced that this is where we need to be going this weekend…
Until then, find out why staycations are about to get a whole lot better in Dubai.