Ever the evolvers of how we communicate in the digital world, Facebook have a new set of features and a new look. Over the last couple of months there have been changes to the social media platform, like the merge between Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook. And now, there are more changes we need to know about.
According to CNN there’s a lot that’s changed in how the company is run now. CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in his keynote speech in California at the two-day annual F8 conference, where the company gives developers a peek at new product releases, “I know we don’t exactly have the strongest reputation on privacy right now, to put it lightly. I am committed to doing this well.”
Here’s how Facebook is redeeming itself (al the time since its sketchy scandal) with these new features:
– The platform is de-emphasising its News Feed to instead feature services like its messaging app, online marketplace and video-on-demand site.
– Stories and videos are being decked out with new tools. E.g. users will be able to watch videos together in Messenger, while also viewing each other’s reactions in simultaneous texts and video chats.
– The company is also working on ‘LightSpeed’ in order to make its Messenger app smaller in size and faster.
– And in the interest of capitalising on helping businesses, Facebook will also launch a new feature called ‘Product Catalog’ for WhatsApp Business.
– Facebook Dating will be expanded into 14 new markets, including places in Asia like the Philippines where Facebook has high user growth.
Well, that’s a lot to wrap our head around. Good thing we’re always on social media, then…