The metropolis is about to sizzle more than ever before this Winter with the return of the annual Dubai Shopping Festival’s 28th edition as a jam-packed calendar of entertainment and shopping deals will run until the end of January.
Kicking off the opening weekend – and setting the tone for the entire festival – is the DSF Opening Concert taking place on December 16 where you’ll have the chance to sing the biggest hits with Arab superstars. Set to raise the roof at the Coca-Cola Arena, prepare yourselves for outstanding performances by singers Mohamed Hamaki and Ahmed Saad.
The hotly anticipated season will start with the star duo taking to the stage multiple hit tunes including Ahmed Saad’s Khelset, Hayaty and Betewhasheny as well as Mohamed Hamaki’s popular songs from his Ya Fatenny album (an all-time crowd favourite). Promising to be a night to remember, you’ll be in for top thrills. Tickets are available on coca-cola-arena.com and Dubaicalendar.com.
And celebrations don’t just end there. There are 46 days of entertainment for you and the whole family as DSF is bringing back many of its popular festivities and fun elements such as daily deals, immersive competitions, raffle draws, memorable events and a host of live concerts and performances, music events and decorative lighting installations throughout the city. Expect big-name celebrities to join in on the action too, while shoppers will discover incredible savings and huge grand wins.
Below, we’ve listed where to be – and be seen – this opening weekend.
- Longest-running DSF Drones Light Show is set to take place. Every day during DSF, the city’s night sky will light up with two drone light shows a night telling the story of two themes: the Dubai Shopping Festival and the Future of Dubai.
- Reach for the limits with Dubai Lights: Sky Castle by ENESS. There’s a larger-than-life inflatable light art installation that is taking over the Dubai Design District. Trust us when we say it’s a treat for the eyes.
- Your chances to win with a DSF Lucky Receipt are big. If you spend just AED500 in any of the 10 participating brands, you could be one of the lucky winners taking home some amazing prizes.
- DSF has partnered with Tickit, the instant rewards programme where you can earn points across some of the UAE’s largest attractions and entertainment offerings. Download the Tickit app from December 15 to January 29, link any UAE card and enter the weekly draw to win 50,000 Tickit points with every AED100 spent at over 950 partners. Throughout DSF, earn double or triple points across key partners, as well as incredible daily prizes such as passes to Dubai Paris & Resorts, Roxy Cinema tickets, dining experiences and so much more.
- DSF SHARE Millionaire is back! Shop now at participating Majid Al Futtaim malls for your chance to win 1 million SHARE points every week. A generous pool of 6 million SHARE points will be given away throughout the festival, in addition to hosting fantastic activations and entertainment.
- Shop ‘til you drop with the Greatest Deal of the Year. The Dubai Festival City Mall is offering shoppers the best deals to revamp their lifestyles with a unique opportunity to walk away with AED1,000,000.
- Embrace the city lights and décor: Achingly cool lighting structures are set to brighten up the city. Whether it’s the Al Seef immersive lighting experience or the DSF digital bag structure, there’s plenty to ‘wow’ over.
- The stage is set at Coca-Cola Arena. Some of the biggest names in the industry are set to take to the stage this DSF. Dust off your dancing shoes, put on your singing caps and dance the night away to Tiesto (on December 19), WizKid (December 20), Ne-Yo (December 21), Mohamed Ramadan (December 23) and Armin van Buuren (December 24).
- Classic tale of The Nutcracker takes centre stage. Book your tickets to watch the classic festive tale come to live on stage at Dubai Opera.
Stay tuned for more information with the upcoming edition of Dubai Shopping Festival taking place from December 15 to January 29, 2023.