To say that the skincare industry is ever-evolving would be an understatement. Now more than ever, we’re educated on the importance of skin health and follow a good daily routine that works for our skin. As a result, the industry has boomed over the years and with plenty on the market, finding the right products can be quite daunting. However, there are some brands that are totally buzzing with cult status.
A research study conducted by beauty e-tailer Lookfantastic has crowned The Ordinary as the world’s most popular skincare brand as they’ve garnered millions of global searches over the past 12 months.
The cruelty-free and free from parabens, sulphates or mineral oils brand has skyrocketed to cult status when it launched in 2016. The DECIEM-helmed label changed the skincare game courtesy of favourite products including Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 and Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. It’s easy to see why it’s popular.
The Ordinary has approximately 37 million annual searches (which is over four and a half times more searches than the second most popular brand, Neutrogena). Below, see the full list of the 10 most popular skincare brands across the world…
- The Ordinary – 37,060,000 annual searches
- Neutrogena – 7,857,000 annual searches
- FOREO – 6,851,000 annual searches
- Eucerin – 5,618,000 annual searches
- Pai – 4,900,000 annual searches
- AMELIORATE – 2,804,000 annual searches
- Moroccanoil – 2,682,000 annual searches
- Elizabeth Arden – 2,286,000 annual searches
- COSRX – 2,124,000 annual searches
- Elemis – 2,079,000 annual searches
Also, discover more about Valentino Beauty.