It’s that time of year again — the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show has rolled around yet again and the Angels are getting ready for the biggest night of the year. So far, we’ve revealed the models who’ll be walking in this year’s show (including some last minute superstar additions like Kendall, Gigi and Bella), the musical acts that will soundtrack the runway, the designer collaboration and the Angel who has been chosen to wear this year’s Fantasy Bra by Swarovski. Now, it’s time to reveal the highly anticipated beauty look the models will wear on their turn down the catwalk.
Last month it was announced that celebrity makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury would be returning to the show as the exclusive makeup sponsor and now, the makeup maven has unveiled the look she and her team will use for this year’s show. The best part? She’s also detailed the exact products she’ll use so you can recreate the look at home. In a release, Charlotte said of the look, “This look is all about enhancing the most beautiful, dreamy angel version of you. I designed the look to act like a glowing, angelic filter for the face and body, and to enhance what nature naturally blessed you with.”
And one legendary Angel in particular inspired the look with Charlotte revealing she “was inspired by the healthy, happy, naturally flawless beauty look of Gisele — she embodies that signature fresh, glowing angel gorgeousness.”
The brand has shared a 22-step guide to recreating the look. Here’s how to become an Angel, at home:
1. First, Charlotte used her secret to supermodel skin, Instant Magic Dry Sheet Facial Mask, for a glowing radiant looking complexion.
2. Charlotte then applied her award-winning Charlotte’s Magic Cream. An instant turnaround cream for the complexion that floods the skin with moisture and provides the most beautiful, glowing base for makeup. The cream is applied to model’s skin using Charlotte’s famous Angel Wing Motion Magic Skin Massage to wake up the complexion.
3. Next, Charlotte gently tapped her Magic Eye Rescue to revitalise the eye area. The time released retinol molecules in the formula resurface the skin around the eye to help your eyes appear younger and more radiant, hour-by-hour.
4. Charlotte applied her ultimate glow primer, Wonderglow to the model’s skin. The primer is full of Hyaluronic Acid and has a genius fluorescent core that redirects light to more flattering angles of the face.
5. Charlotte buffed on her Light Wonder Foundation for a natural skin but better effect. Charlotte used a shade which was slightly warmer than their natural skin tone to give them a healthy glow.
6. For any areas which needed a little extra coverage, Charlotte applied her Magic Away Concealer to conceal any redness or blemishes, brighten darkness, smooth fine lines and hide the appearance of pores.
7. Next, Charlotte applied her Hollywood Flawless Filter which soft-focuses and instantly illuminates the Angel’s complexions.
8. Charlotte wanted every Angel to have a natural contour and ethereal glow under the lights of the runway. She used her Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette to sculpt the appearance of the face and carve out killer cheekbones, add warmth to the complexion with the most natural bronze tones and give a celestial candlelight glow to the skin.
9. The glow was the amplified using Charlotte’s ‘Diva Light’ Beauty Light Wand. The rose-gold highlighter gives a soft-focussed glow to the cheekbones that plays with the light beautifully.
10. To finish the complexion, Charlotte dusted her Airbrush Flawless Finish powder onto the T-area, soft focusing and blurring away any lines and imperfections and creating a soft micro-fine cashmere veil to the complexion.
11. To reveal the shape of the brows, Charlotte brushed them up using her magical Brow Lift tool and then used the soft pencil to fill in any gaps using upward strokes. Charlotte used Victoria’s Secret Brow or Never Clear Eyebrow Gel to fix the perfect supermodel brows.
12. To start, Charlotte curled the eyelashes for definition using her Life-Changing Lashes curler.
13. For the ultimate Supermodel eye, Charlotte brought back her Exagger-Eyes Luxury Palette. Using a blender brush, Charlotte washed the enhance shade forwards and backwards across the eyelid like a windscreen wiper. The smoke shade was used along the lash line to add definition.
14. To enhance the Angel eye look, Charlotte used Eyes to Mesmerise in Rose Gold. Using a smudger brush, Charlotte applied the metallic rose gold shade underneath the lower lash line to make the eyes naturally pop.
15. To elongate the eyes and create a seductive, sexy lifted shape Charlotte lined the eyes with an Angel Wing using her chocolatey powder pencil eyeliner in The Sofia.
16. For extra richness and depth, Charlotte applied her Colour Chameleon pencil in Amber Haze along the lash line.
17. To complete the Supermodel eye filter look, Charlotte used Victoria’s Secret Major Lash.
18. Charlotte started by re-shaping the lips with her iconic Lip Cheat lip liner in Pillow Talk.
19. She then applied Victoria’s Secret Velvet Matte Cream in Showstopper.
20. Charlotte applied Collagen lip bath for a natural dewy veil of gloss on top of the Velvet Matte Cream.
21. To create the look of a dewy, fresh, natural health to the complexion, Charlotte applied a combination of blush and bronze Beachsticks in Las Salinas and Ibiza. The soft, dreamy makeup sticks blend with the complexion for a natural looking sun-kissed blush effect.
22. As the finishing touch to this year’s look, Charlotte applied her glossy Supermodel Body. Applied down the centre of the limbs using the cooling roll applicator, it makes the skin look and feel firmer, toned and supple.
Well there’s our weekend look sorted then…
In the meantime, find out more about Ouai’s brand new range of fragrances.