Millions of people across the world are currently living in lockdown due to the coronavirus outbreak. With many forced to stay indoors and continue working virtually, boredom and a sense of suffocation from the outside world starts to reel in.
Thankfully, Apple have launched a series of apps and interactive projects for us to stay stress-free and sane. The tech giant have also added a dedicated space on Apple Music, which will allow users to fight their boredom with a positive outlook.
Whilst music can be your escape from working/teaching/cooking/cleaning/playing at home, Apple invites us all to ‘Come Together’ to help provide comfort, motivation and focus — or simply, to keep you on your toes and get your mind off all of this.
Here are our top five favourite playlists…
1. Isolation Icebreakers – This playlist is for those who want to let their loved ones know just how much they mean to them. The playlist features tracks from rising R&B stars like Snoh Aalegra, H.E.R., and Daniel Caesar.
2. Work From Home Hustle – If you’re fortunate enough to work-from-home, it’s quite hard to stay motivated (you can follow our top five tips on how to create a truly great work-from-home space) but, if you’ve got the right headspace, it’ll be easy. This playlist includes music from Drake, Kanye West and Ace Hood, with songs that will definitely keep you on your toes.
3. Living Room Dance Party – They say that when you’re working remotely, it’s important to exercise. But, if you’re living in lockdown and can’t go outside, why not take it to the living room? This playlist includes these feel-good pop and dance tunes from Tones and I, Maren Morris, and other stars to transform any space into an all-day (or all-night) throwdown.
4. Astral Escape – If you’re looking to go on a journey (without actually having to leave your home), this playlist features a heady mix of electronic, indie, and R&B visionaries including Flying Lotus and Tame Impala.
5. Social Distancing Social Club – This playlist features hits for the whole family can make any living room feel like an arena.
Also, Apple Music has released ‘The Get Up! Mix’ which consists of a brand new personalised mix (sing-alongs mostly), as well as the Home Office DJ playlist — the perfect soundtrack for all those working from home.